Friday, January 14, 2011

Vacation Getaway Part 2

While I was in Arizona, I got the opportunity to visit Sedona. It's one of the prettiest places I have ever seen before. The scenery is gorgeous and the mountains with red rocks are breath taking. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It's definitely something you would want to see sometime in your life. Even though it was colder than Phoenix, I had a great time with Zach and his family.




On our way to Sedona, we stopped at an Amish restaurant. It was delicious!!! It didn't look like much from the outside but the food sure did make up for it. You could tell it was a "hot spot" because it was packed inside with all the locals. I ordered a club sandwich and it was the best I've ever had.




We stayed at a resort called Enchantment. I have never stayed at a resort before and it was amazing! The place was very quiet and relaxing. Enchantment had everything you could possibly need...pools, hot tub, restaurants, spa and many other luxuries. The rooms were beautiful and so clean! They each had a fire place to make your stay even more cozy. And the view from our balcony was stunning as well.



Mrs. M wanted to wanted us to get the full experience while we were there. She let us pick one thing we really wanted to do. Amanda, Zach's brothers girlfriend, and I decided to get a massage. My massage pick was the Docha Body Wrap and it was the best massage I had ever had. The massage felt amazing and after they rubbed a wonderful scent in my skin to make it softer. It was awesome!!! We decided to have a relaxing night after our pampering so we all ordered food in, watched movies and played cards.






The next morning, we got up before sunrise and went up in a hot air balloon. Since I hate to fly I was kind of unsure about this. I knew it was something I wanted to do but didn't know how well I would handle it. We got to see the crew blow up the hot air balloon and get everything ready for us. Once we were in the air the view was incredible and we were able to watch the sunrise while in the balloon. The highest we went was 1,800 ft and it's one of the most fascinating things I've ever had the oppertunity to do. It really wasn't scary at all, so for those of you who hate to fly I definitely think you could do it. :)




After we got off the balloon the balloon crew had a wonderful breakfast ready for us. There was fruit, muffins, and my favorite - mimosa's. The morning couldn't have been any better. I was with great company and experiencing new things.


This was a great vacation and I am so thankful the M family included me. If anyone has the opportunity to go to Arizona, definitely go! It's magnificent and you'll really appreciate the natural beauty Arizona has to offer.

Hope everyone had a great week! Happy Friday!!!

Love Always,
Alaka

No comments:

Post a Comment